Diploma of Augmented and Virtual Reality
Download our Degree Brochure 2021-2022, including payment plan and options:
If you want to be part of the exciting and expanding industry of VR and AR, we want to help you gain the core technical and design skills to work with these technologies.
In a matter of months, you’ll learn the key fundamentals of VR and AR. Learning in a world-class environment, you’ll be creating on the latest software, with face-to-face guidance from expert lecturers who will give you a deep knowledge in augmented reality, virtual reality, mixed reality, haptic technologies, human-computer interaction and prototyping.
You will learn the technical workflows associated with common augmented and virtual reality platforms. These can include scripting and asset pipeline, apply design as well as project management processes whilst engaging in the development of scholarly skills.
YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE
From day one you'll start creating on the latest software and equipment, under the guidance of expert lectures.
- Study in a collaborative, studio-based environment
- Use industry-standard middleware and development packages such as Unreal Engine and Unity
- Learn as part of a small class
- Learn from lecturers with extensive game experience and industry connections
- Apply industry-standard project management methodologies throughout your studies.
DIPLOMA OF AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY
The Diploma of Augmented and Virtual Reality has a strong practical focus, underpinned by key theoretical components. The course content is informed by our strong links to industry and our 40-year history in designing and teaching creative media courses.
Key areas of content covered within the program include:
- Augmented reality (AR) technology use
- Virtual reality (VR) technology use
- Mixed reality (MR) technology use
- Haptic technologies
- Human-computer interaction (HCI)
- Rapid prototyping
- Creative problem solving
- Critical reflection.
To complement your technical skills, you will graduate with skills across:
- Employability skills specific to creative media
- Communication, including how to communicate specialist technical and creative ideas and perspectives in the graphic design discipline to others
- Introductory project management and different project management methodologies
- Teamwork and collaboration in the context of creative media
- Scholarly techniques for higher education.
- Entry-level Augmented Reality Application Designer
- Entry-level Augmented Reality Application Developer
- Entry-level Virtual Reality Application Designer
- Entry-level Virtual Reality Application Developer
- Interaction Designer
- Production Assistant
- App Developer
Games StudentThe student environment at SAE Institute Dubai has a warm and friendly atmosphere, which helps bring the students together from all departments to share their talents and creative outlets.-
Games AlumnusSAE Institute is the best. It was a great experience that not only expanded my soft skills, but also assisted me in achieving one of my milestones, which was to become a software engineer.-
Games AlumnusSAE Institute to me, personally, was the best option to study digital media in Dubai. The degree programs have an accelerated option which allows students to complete their Bachelor's degree in 2 years. This program is definitely exciting for the creative youth and you get a lot of hands-on experience in your chosen field.-