Audio Engineering Short Course
|12 sessions / 36 hours
|Monday & Wednesday
|Next Starting Date
|14 March 2022
|Advanced Audio Engineering Certificate
|6pm - 9pm
* These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
The Audio Engineering Short Course combines the theoretical, technical and practical skills of recording audio and mixing audio, fundamental working knowledge of recording studio equipment and operations central to an audio engineer. The course aims to teach students basic sound theory, microphone techniques, recording workflow, signal processing and signal flow, console operation, software editing, DAW operations and the use of the industry-standard software. The valuable industry practice of applying soldering skills for audio cables and connectors is also explored.
Who is it for
- Anyone who wishes to build their foundational skills in audio engineering, basic recording techniques, and digital audio editing
- Individuals wanting to learn industry-standard techniques and latest software
- Access to Google Drive
- Laptop or notepads for writing notes
- All technical gear will be provided by the campus
- Recording Microphones, C24 Recording Studio or Audient Studio, Pro Tools software
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic signal flow in a recording studio environment.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of small recording studio operations.
- Understand editing techniques for fundamental audio post-production.
- Operate a DAW to capture live musical performances, including recording and mixing.
- Manage an audio recording session following professional practices.
- Complete a stereo audio mixdown.
- Demonstrate practical soldering skills for audio cables and connectors.