English Language Requirements
International students have to provide additional evidence of language skills and complete one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A band score of 6 or higher for a Higher Education (HE) course and 5.5 or higher for a VET course (only the Academic Test is accepted), OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A score of 550 or higher (paper based test), 60 or higher (internet based test) for a Higher Education (HE) course and a minimum score of 527 (paper based test) or 46 (internet based test) for a VET course, OR
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR): An overall rating of 3, OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic score of 50 (or higher) for a Higher Education (HE) course, and an Academic score of 42 (or higher) for a vocational education program, OR
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) A B 2.1 level or higher.
- An equivalent level from other approved secondary schooling English studies by providing a signed and stamped letter of confirmation from the High school stating that English was the language of instruction.
- Other evidence of English competency may be considered for review and will be accepted at the discretion of SAE Creative Media Institute. This can be either proof of mother tongue language or a signed and stamped letter of confirmation from a Higher education institution stating that English was the language of instruction.
English test scores more than two (2) years old at the time of application will not be accepted.
In case proof of English language proficiency cannot be obtained, SAE Dubai organizes in collaboration with Eton institute, a CEFR test at the beginning of each term for which students can sign up
For more information on SAE's Experience Based Entry process, please refer to the Student Selection, Admission and Transfer Policy.